Thursday, May 05, 2005

My house is getting a makeover...and the Diva is in charge

Today I got rid of all my old furniture. In a way it is a relief because it was heavy, and dark. It drew heat and it was as old as my son. In feng shui principle, the furniture absorbed a lot of the energy. Now that it is gone, I can feel the flow of the chi. As I see my old furniture sitting on the curb, I realize that it held a lot of good memories. It was my very first living room set in my very first house. It served us well. The sectional was finally giving out on us. The tables were impossible to clean. But, change is inevitable, and it is definitely time for a change.

Even though the furniture is gone, the house still seems full. My next task is to wash and prepare the walls for paint. But before I do that, I need to clean the carpet and take everything out of the kids' room and organize it. I am going to clean off my desk and re-arrange it. I'll be filing all of my notes chronologically. I am really pumped because I bought new furniture from Pier One Imports. The house it going to have more of an ethnic feel. That in and of itself is going to be a huge change.

The kids have decided that they want a mural painted on their bedroom walls. My son asked for Spiderman, and my daughter wants one of the Bratz on her wall (Sasha, I think). My fiance is a pretty good artist and he is confident that he can make their mural happen. For his sake, I hope he can. I would like to have a willow tree painted on my bedroom wall, otherwise I am painting the walls amethyst. I want to do something interesting with the upstairs bathroom. Maybe grape and lime green will be the color scheme.

The amazing thing is that I have only spent $1000. That is not bad at all for a whole house makeover including furniture. I know one thing for sure, after I buy the paint, I am putting the bank book away for a while! Soon after that, it's back to school time. In order to graduate on time, I will need to take two classes over the summer.

No comments: