Sunday, September 18, 2005

Back to the USA...


I am utterly exhausted. I left with a heavy heart. I met so many new people and had so many great experiences. I feel like a whole new person. I can't believe how I have changed. Everyone says I've lost weight. That is great. And they say I am more confident. I like that too. I have learned so much about myself and about people in general. And the country is just beautiful. La cordillera (mountains), la gente (the people), todos (everything) was just unforgetable.

I missed my family, and my children. But I have learned that as a mother and a student it is totally necessary to have some alone time. I also learned that learning doesn't always have to feel like hard work. And you shouldn't feel guilty about it. I would probably have done a lot better in school if I made more time for me. Not that I am doing bad academically, but for my overall well being, I needed a bit more alone time. And besides, Dad is doing a great job minding the shop. I should let him be in charge more often. I watched him get the kids ready for school in a half hour flat. Why can't I do that? And the house was clean too. I should go away more often.

The bills are starting to roll in now. I am a little surprised because I would probably not have spent quite as much money if I had known that my tuition bill would be coming separately. I was expecting something like this. I don't care. I cant really put a price on this experience.

When I have a little more time, I will write more.

DiVa

No comments: