Monday, September 19, 2005

It's a girl!


We have a new addition to our house. She is adorable. Right now we haven't quite thought of a name yet, but she could possibly answer to several different names. My apologies, but this was the best picture I could get. I know absolutely nothing about animals because our mother never let us keep pets. This is a huge learning opportunity. And then again it is like having another baby in the house. Precious doesn't always use the litter box. She is picky about her food. She hates to be alone. I wonder what she does in the house all by herself.

I am beginning to think more about my trip now that I am at home. I realized that the person I was traveling with wasn't very nice at all. I can't believe I made it through the whole trip without being mean back. That is a compliment to me because that proves that I have grown as a person. I took the direct approach and told her how I felt, it only worked temporarily, and then she went back to being bitchy. I tried to be patient because I understand that we all have things that make us unique. But then, I can't blame it all on the person. A lot could be attributed to the fact that our school is so competitive. This person was so PHONY around people it was utterly embarrassing. I think that this type of behavior is something that can be translated regardless of the language barrier. It was also pretty obvious that she was trying to make herself appear better than me. I don't particularly care because I am pretty confident in me. People who know me, know that I am a decent person. I don't have to prove anything to anyone. She pretended to be nice...to be my friend. I hate being handled. She said, email me as soon as you get home and I will tell you about all the cool things happening since you have left. I will never get that email. I guarantee it. Enough about that.

Since I have been home, I have been so bored. The kids are in school all day so now what? I could try to blog in Spanish. I want to sign up for an additional Spanish class but I don't know if time will permit. I definitely want to find some salsa classes. That was something that I discovered while I was away. Salsa music is so beautiful. I am interested in learning more about wine tasting. I never thought I would ever say this, but I like red wine. I need to find a workout class to attend so that I can maintain my weight loss. I still haven't stepped on a scale yet, but I think I would like to be surprised. I could always work on cleaning up my diet. Americans eat so unhealthy. Over there, people eat a lot more fruits and vegetables. They exercise more because the public transportation is so much easier than driving everywhere. And to use public transportation, it requires you to walk more.

Now I am a little tired. I am sure that I will find something to occupy my time until it is time for me to get started on the translation of this document that I have to turn in...

Always,

DiVa

No comments: