Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Halloween observations...

Last night I took the children trick or treating. It was like a typical Halloween except people didn't have their lights on. My kids didn't get very much candy in their little bags. They blamed it on George Bush. Ha-ha! Yeah, that's his fault too. Well, I didn't vote for him...

We left the house a bit earlier than usual for trick or treating, and once we rounded the first block the kids said, my feet hurt. Then after the second block it was, can we stop now? My baby niece was whining, then her sister starting whining. The boys were fine. My daughter wanted me to carry her and so did her on-again-off-again best friend (5 year olds) These kids are out of shape. I couldn't believe it. When we were kids, we had pillow cases full of candy. We didn't want to stop, ever! We could have trick or treated ALL NIGHT LONG. The poor kids had no motivation. Come on folks, where is your Halloween spirit?

Now I have to clean my room. This is a dreaded task, but someone has to do it. This kitten has gone mad! He is bouncing off the walls. I feel so sorry for him because he spend most of his day by himself. Then, when we get home from school and work he doesn't know what to do with himself. He got his first series of shot and he got treated for his little fleas and what not about a month ago. Now the fleas have returned. He needs discipline. I gave him a squirt with the spray bottle and he licks his fur and starts all over again. That is so strange because my man hates taking a bath. I tried to bath him once and he ripped open my hand. Last week after the kids finished their bath, he was standing on the edge of the tub. He leaned over too far an fell into the tub full of water. It was quite funny, but I don't think that he liked it very much.

Daylight savings time was this weekend. I didn't even notice. It snuck up on me, but that's cool because I haven't been late yet. This weekend is Salsa weekend. I am going out to hit the dance floor once again. I am not looking forward to that dreaded hammerlock position. It is a position where your arm is kind of twisted around behind your back in sort of a wrestling move. Oww! My arm is still sore from last week. My dancing goal is not to have jazz hands or anything, but to be able to dance Cuban style salsa, like in Salsaville! I can't wait until I am really good at this. I am working out in the gym on my off Salsa days to improve my endurance and flexibility. Those meringue songs can last for almost half an hour! I have yet to find a regular partner. I have a guy that I dance with pretty regular on Thursdays, we'll see how that goes.

It is time to decide where I want to spend my last round of clinical. I have no idea what I want to do. I like every area of nursing. I wish I could do clinical close to home, but I know that is probably not going to be the best option. I would like to work in a unit where I can use my Spanish, but that would be kind of far away. I will figure something out...

DiVa

No comments: