Friday, January 20, 2006

Things are gonna work out fine...

This week we returned to school. Out the gate we got a group project to do and for the first time I must say, I am really enjoying my group. People have grown up quite a bit since the beginning of my academic journey. (Thank God) And I think many of us are very happy to be graduating in a few months. I have yet to receive my clinical assignment. I guess I will be suprised as they were unable to give me what I asked for. That's okay. I am a nurse who has fallen in love with almost every clinical area, so wherever they put me I am going to flourish. I can't wait to tell you about my experiences. I feel so goofy because it seems like everyone knows where they want to be, and I well, I don't know where I want to be. I guess I want to be at graduate school, because that is what is next for me.

It has been going well this week with all the kids in the house. I find that I am so much more organized. I have to be, because if I am not there will be big problems. I still feel like I could do a better job of keeping up with my reading assignments. We have had about six chapters to read per day. But, I have managed to stay alongside of it. But it is still overshadowed by the work from last semester that I need to catch up. I will be finished soon. My non-human kid (the kitten) is in puberty now. He is acting like a nutcase. I lock him in the bathroom at night because he runs around the house biting everyone's feet and hands while they are sleeping. But then, while he is in the bathroom, he tears up the roll of toilet paper. He is still a darling, despite it all.

The financial situation hasn't changed a whole lot. I am still waiting for financial aid to kick in. I have realized, just recently, that the people I go to school with don't have the financial woes that I do. They talk about their family vacation homes, and their trips overseas. I think about making rent and keeping the lights and gas on because it is just too damn embarrassing to speak on it. They always invite me to go out for drinks with them and out to dinner at these fancy restaurants and the reality is that I just cannot afford that all the time, especially right now. I think they take it personally, but they aren't treating.

It is so funny to hear them say, I am so broke. When I say I am broke, I am like, trying to figure out which bills I can pay now, and which ones can wait a little bit so that I can have money for gas and parking. When they say they're broke, they just mean that they can't spend cash right now, they have pick which credit cards to use for the moment. If they hit a rough patch, they just ask Mommy or Daddy. And inheritances, where do all these inheritances come from? When someone in my family dies, all they leave as a legacy are bills. If they hit a rough patch, they just go to their inheritance and take what they need. I am not jealous...okay I am jealous. I don't want to be wealthy, just more stable. It would be nice to take a vacation at the end of every semester with my family, but I am just as happy spending time at home with my kids. Love is all we need in the DiVa household, but a little money would help and awful lot right now...

Well, I am going to try and finish some reading.

DiVa, keepin' her head up

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate my nursing school, I am a senior and the place is in ruins.
They added new teachers, new test but, wait We have to test students using NCLEX style questions and let us wait unitl the last semester to introduce this to our students so we can fail them...

not fit

Nurse Diva Extraordinaire said...

I can sympathize with you. Our school is very disorganized. At least they are going to fix things up for the next round of students...Chin up! We only have a little over 100 days before graduation!