Saturday, January 28, 2006

What can I tell you...?

I have no idea what to write about. I am moving right along in my plans to graduate this spring. I am very pleased with the fact that I am finally caught up on my work. I suppose I can relax and focus on this semesters performance.

My son is approaching puberty. He has been in trouble all this week. Peer pressure is mounting, and he feels a need to follow instead of lead. A few girls wrote him a love letter as a joke. Of course, he took it personally, but he didn't overreact too much. I am glad. That means that he is maturing, but is doesn't necessarily mean that the prank didn't hurt his feelings. I know it did. After that, a few of his friends thought that it would be funny to tell him to throw another kid's wallet out of the bus window if he wanted to remain friends with them. Of course, friendship outweighed common sense and he got suspended off the bus. His punishment will be to walk to school, which is about 15 minutes away. I talked to his teacher and he is planning to punish all of the kids, as opposed to the principal, who is determined to make my life as miserable as possible because my son has behavioral issues.

As far as the busy home full of kids, the other kids have gone home, that means I am here with only the children for whom I am primarily responsible. My daughter became really jealous over the fact that I had a house full of children who were infringing upon our alone time, but she is coming back around. My grandmother is still hanging on. She is still in a lot of pain from her decubiti and infections. My mother is talking about relocating to take care of her. That is fine with me, I guess that would enable me to move closer to the big hospitals. My main reason for staying in town was to take care of her. I hope that if she decides to relocate to take care of Gramma, she is able to manage her chronic illnesses. If not that means I will have to find a way to check up on her.

I have to write up something called a curriculum vitae for this job that I took as a research nurse. I never heard of this before, so in case someone asks you to write one I will enlighten you. A curriculum vitae is like a resume, but is isn't as general. It is an organized list of your accomplishments. I have worked a few jobs, so I suppose I could list those. It will be interesting to see how this turns out.

I have gotten another clue about my clinical assignment. I will be working from 11pm-7am. This is going to be tough since we only have one car in our household and my fiance has to be at work by 7:30 and the hospital is almost and hour away. We'll figure something out. I suppose I will get back to work. Have a good weekend...

Always,

DiVa

No comments: