Tuesday, February 28, 2006

I am still here...

Things are going well. I have been back to clinical and things haven't changed too much. I hope things are about to change for the better. This past weekend, I stood up for myself and told my preceptor how she made me feel. She pretty much told me to get over it, but applauded my decision to speak up for myself. It seems like she has gotten more tolerable, but I still have at least another two months. My clinical instructor asked me how we were getting along. She already had an idea that we weren't getting along so well, and offered her support. The DiVa is irresistable, I am going to be so sweet to my preceptor, she'll get a toothache.

School is school. Big test tomorrow. The kids are okay. They are going to school like kids are supposed to, they have been doing typical kid stuff. My kitten is still adorable, what more can I say? Everything is just peachy. Soon I will be preparing for my brother's graduation. And speaking of graduation, I think I will post a perfect graduation gift for a nurse list.

Here's Diva's wishlist

Expensive
-Palm pilot
-laptop
-electronic stethoscope
-a new house with three bedrooms (It's a wish list, right?)

Mid-Range
-watch with second hand, time and date (with military time option),and nightlight
-$50 gift certificate to my favorite nursing uniform store
-littman stethoscope engraved DiVa
-gift certificate to a spa/salon for a luxury pedicure, manicure or massage

Bargain
-tote bag
-drug guide
-nice black pen
-lanyard ID holder
-hemostat
-calipers
-scissors
-nursing goggles

Priceless
-support throughout my graduate studies
-weekend babysitting
-unconditional love
-healthy children and family
-my first job in a really great facility that supports new graduates

Forever...

A DiVa

2 comments:

HypnoKitten said...

lanyard, scissors, calipers, goggles and hemostat should be avail. where you work (they will probably give you a lanyard with your ID badge, but you might want something dressier) Drug guide will be at work, or use the one from nursing school.

As far as my favorite pen... Pentel black gel needle tip 0.5mm. Slide the cap onto your lanyard, and that way you've always got a sweet pen around your neck, you don't lose it, and no one can steal it. The needle tip makes it easy to write in those teeny-tiny places neatly, and the gel ink makes it easier on your hand when you've got to write a ton.

BTW, nice care plan. Strangely, I never saw one written in the CCU or med-surg, but we write master plans and then update the goals weekly where I work now (in psych).

I out a link up to you at Mediblogopathy. Feel free to grab a NurseBlogs logo badge if you like. :)

-HK

Nurse Diva Extraordinaire said...

Thank you for the link and the compliment on my care plan. My family and friends always want to know what they could get for me, and I try to think of things that are less expensive. That pen is a great recommendation that I might even check out before graduation.