Friday, May 05, 2006

What the...?

I was talking with one of my nursing buddies and she asked me if I had received an email regarding our schools pinning ceremony. I said no, did you. She said yes, but I don't want to upset you. I was like why would an email from the school regarding the pinning ceremony upset me? She said because she is going to be honored. I was like, okay...and? So what. I wrote her letter of recommendation for the honor. Why would I be pissed off? If that was the case I wouldn't have sent it, right?

Now I am a little irritated. Why is it that she would think that something like that would upset me? I am happy for her. I have received the honor of being inducted into a nursing organization, she was too so I can't say that counts. Okay here's one that should count, I won an essay contest, she didn't. Oh, but she didn't write an essay to submit. We are both graduating with honors. (I am claiming that even though I don't know the one grade that will make it or break it for me. Think positive, right?) Well, she has been through a little bit more hell than I have. She lost both parents and is going through a divorce, I think she has sacrificed a bit more than I have, so she deserves it. But it pisses me off that she would think that I would be so shallow as to be pissed off about her receiving an honor and me not receiving an honor. I don't care.

DiVa...whatever man!

No comments: