Thursday, June 22, 2006

I passed...

I was about to die. I can't believe it. Stunursedayton, I need you to tell me how to have this cyber party because I am officially a registered nurse. I can't believe it. All the crying and studying and just everything came together in one moment. I feel like I won the Grammy's. Now for my acceptance speech.

First and foremost, I would like to thank God, who is the center of my being. Even thought I forgot all the words to the Lord's prayer when my first question popped up, You still saw me through the end. With God all things are possible.

To my Mom

You always listen to my whining phone calls when I am unsure. You are my role model. It was your example that led me to nursing in the first place.

To my Dad

Thank you for being my father and giving me the extra cash when I was short. It is hard for you to understand the importance of education because you had a family to support, but I hope that you and Mom can experience this gift vicariously through me.

To my Children

You guys were my shining beacon of hope and my inspiration throughout the whole school process. People think that it is impossible to finish school with kids and even though we've been through alot, I will always be there for you. As long as I live. I love you more than life.

To my Ex-fiance

You are a bastard. There is no two ways about it. But you will eventually grow-up, I just can't wait. Anyways, thank you for watching the kids for me and for listening to me complain about the mean girls. Too bad you aren't standing by my side in this moment.

To my Ex-husband

Despite the fact that we are no longer together, you still rolled up your sleeves and helped. You have always believed in me and for that I thank you. I am so glad that you are still a part of my life.

To my friends and family

I did it. But it was not possible without your loving support. For all the times you kept the kids or listened to me cry, this is for you.


To my readers

This whole experience is surreal. I know that you guys don't always have alot to say, but I know that you are there. I know what it is to not know what to do next. When I lost my job in 2002, I thought that it was the end of the world. It was only the beginning. Stay true to yourself. Don't let anyone get in your way. And never give up on your dream. If you want to be a nurse, do it. If you want to speak Spanish, learn it. Don't let nobody or nothin' stand in the way of your dreams. My high school GPA was 1.6 and here I am a graduate of a 4 year nursing school. Living proof that it can be done.

I passed! I passed! I can't believe I passed! I didn't spend $400 dollars on a review course. I bought $30 flashcards and went through the deck once. I passed!

I love you all!

DiVa...BSN,RN

6 comments:

stunursedayton@yahoo.com said...

What can I say but I am soooo freakin jealous now. I still have 2 yrs to go. Congrats. I don't know you personally but I am proud of you. I guess since I am in nursing school and know what a pain it can be, I am in a position to say that. AS for the party...we need to get on yahoo.com's IM and have a big, loud blowout. Since your a nurse now (and we all know how much $$$ they make) you get to by the cyber beer and food. hehehe. Again, congrats. Well done. I am stunursedayton on Yahoo's Instant messenger.

Anonymous said...

Girl you about to make me cry. I am sitting here at work about to cry. Like the person above, I dont know you, but I am soo proud. I just said a prayer this morning asking the Lord to help me through this thing called nursing school. I hope I will be able to give my speech next year. Well done Ms. Diva GET'EM GIRL!!!!! Now you can really handle your business. Good Luck to you.

S. R. said...

You got your results in one day?? WOW!

Ciji said...

I've been lurking for awhile now but I thought I'd come out to say congrats. I'm not even in nursing school yet(applying this fall for the spring) but I've had so many ups and downs just getting to this point so its good to see someone who made it despite it all. My HS gpa was great its the college gpa that has been low but i'm redeeming myself slowly but surely. I cant wait to be a nurse someday. Congrats again.

Nurse Diva Extraordinaire said...

Thank you all!

Anonymous said...

just found this web site, know what you went through. i am also a student nurse. u make me proud. I'm sure that u will make an excellent L&D nurse