Monday, June 05, 2006

Officially authorized to test!

I received my letter that says I can sit for boards. I decided instead of taking the review course that costs $400, I am going to study with flashcards and schedule my first attempt in about a week. I bought the Springhouse NCLEX RN review cards (Third Edition). On one side they have the questions and possible answers, on the other side are the correct answer with rationales. In my studies I find that I am doing okay with the exception of the fact that I second guess myself. Or I find two really good answers and choose the one that is wrong. Same as in nursing school. The crazy thing is that according to the letter, I can get my results online in 24 hours (for a fee), but they won't be official for FOUR WEEKS!

Since graduation, I haven't heard from my so called "peers". I suppose that what they say is true about friendships forged in nursing school. They end in nursing school. I have been too busy wallowing in self pity anyway. About the middle of this week, I had an epiphany. Life changes are in order. I read a book about nursing school that I wished I had read before I went to nursing school by Kelli Durham. It explained so many of the issues that I struggled with, and one of the most interesting things that this book discussed was this mini-depression thing that I went through this week. It explained that after one graduates from nursing school, there is a period of time where the student processes the experience. Hmm, I am more normal than I orginally thought.

I went to visit my mother this week. She is in a really bad mood. I am tired of talking about my retarded auntie who came to visit for my graduation. My Mom is still dealing with the aftermath of the drama that she started before she returned to her home state. It's like, "Okay Mom, she's gone home and now we can all go on with our lives." I have already put that experience behind me. I am looking forward to the future. I am done grieving over my Ex. I am excited about my future and what it holds. For the first time in my life I have the golden ticket. I have a career, and the credentials to back it up. So, nah-nah! I still haven't heard anything about the job. I was a little anxious at first, but now I am just going to chill out and wait. If it is meant to be, it will be. If not, I will find my place. The kids will be out of school for summer in a few days. In the meantime, I will be enjoying my kids and cleaning my house. Hakuna matata...What a wonderful phrase!

DiVa...I have a career and a future!

No comments: