Tuesday, June 26, 2007

An exasperating week...

This past week I have had some kind of week at work. I had a patient with a blood sugar so low it was undetectable by glucometer (the patient was 10 weeks pregnant a type 1 diabetic and chronic hypertensive), a preemie delivery that went off without a hitch (The mom had severe pre-eclampsia and went into labor at 33 4/7 weeks delivering healthy baby that had a dubowitz score of 35-36 weeks gestation and a blood sugar of 4!) and a vacuum assisted vaginal delivery, (a 17 year old with + Human Papilloma Virus that I found out about on palpation, eww! Then her baby's heart rate took a dive into the 60's in transitional labor. Thank God we didn't have to do a c-section). It is so good to have some time off. My kids and I went to see Blades of Glory my first night off. I really should have put a bit more thought into movie choices before considering this film. There were a few scenes where I had to cover their little eyes. Most of the adult jokes were over their heads, besides all that it was hilarious!

Last night I had my first date with Jeff. Unfortunately, it did not happen. I don't know why, I am disappointed but I am not going to sweat it. I am sure my cousin put the kibosh on that because she wanted him, even though she has a boyfriend. I could care less. The electrician has seemed to change his tune, a little. He has planned a date for us on Saturday to go bike riding. I am refreshed to have a date that is something besides dinner and a movie. However, he seems very anxious to come to my house late at night. I think I can manage this guy; it will be good practice for the real thing and a lot of fun. I feel a little apprehensive, especially when he said he has never been married and has no children and he is at least 40-50 years old. We are only friends at this stage so I guess it doesn't really matter, but at the same time I feel like if I hadn't spent my time kissing frogs and worked more on my career I would be a better prospect. Despite all that I am still cute. What ever the universe has planned for me will happen in its own due time. I still have a lot of "housework" to do anyway.

Tonight is my last night off. I am planning on buying a new bed. The store is holding it for me until I can pick it up. Then I am going to move into the basement and get rid of my old bed. The new bed is a king size bed. I wonder if it will fit in my new room. Anywho, my plan is to give my daughter my room and my son will have his room to himself again. It should work out to give us all our own space, even though I predict that my kids will spend most of their time in my room. This should hold us over until I can get me stuff together for buying a new home. After the next week or so (working almost seven days in a row, including the holiday) I will have some time off. Until then I will make the best of my last day off provided that is doesn't rain.

DiVa...Into our lives a little rain must fall. But if it weren't for the rain, we wouldn't have rainbows!

No comments: