Sunday, September 16, 2007

Having a roadblock

I am feeling so unmotivated. At first when I started preparing for my graduate studies I had so much energy. Then all of a sudden, I realized that I am so far behind. I haven't been to school in a year. I have been on night shift for at least a year. Transitioning is a bitch.

I think I am finally on day hours, but I feel sleepy at around 9-10pm. This is my prime time study hours. I wake up at around 5-6 am, then I get the kids ready and then boom I am sleepy all over again. Unless I have class. I drink a white mocha and then I am on auto pilot until around 2-3. I have so much reading to do. My eyes start to swim after about 30 minutes and then the next thing I know, I am out.

One plus is that I am going to school with other women who are my age. They have children and many of them work. I had a job interview last week and I think it went pretty good. I will be a labor and delivery nurse again, working one day a week. That wont probably start until January. I am giving myself plenty of time to adjust.

I have a few assignments to get started on. I owe a health history tomorrow. It needs to be typed. Then I have my first big exam on Wednesday. I can take a cheat sheet, so I don't feel so bad. And then I have a few things to do for my health promotion class. I have a health promotion seminar that I have to create that is due in a few weeks. I have to create a presentation that can be taught over 2-3 hours. I wonder what I am going to promote? I guess I'll come up with something.

Back to the drawing board...

DiVa...too blessed to be stressed!

1 comment:

Seamos Enfermas said...

Hey!
im writing you from argentina.
Help us to fight against the anorexic and bulimic people: they need help and we are here to give them a hand.
You can do it too: warm the people about this problem, we have to do something to stop it.
http://seamosenfermas.blogspot.com/
Please visit my blog.