Wednesday, September 05, 2007

A new life...re-vistited

I am trying my best to transition into my new life as a student. I am starting out behind due to the fact that I am still finishing the work schedule before starting school. I refused to leave my present employer on bad terms. They will still have crappy things to say about me. That is the type of women they are, only thing is, I don't have to put up with their crap anymore. And that's a good thing because I don't have time for foolishness. As a gift to myself, I bought a notebook computer. Now the kids will have the living room computer to themselves and I don't have to worry about them deleting my important papers.

To begin with, I am taking nine credit hours. Doesn't sound too bad to begin with, but I am looking at the syllabi. My first test is within the next two weeks. Then there are those little miscellaneous projects. Once I am finished with work, I think my focus will be better. I am looking for before and after school help with childcare which is running almost 200 dollars per week. That was an unexpected expense. My kids are relatively good kids, they argue alot and that alone is justification for supervision.

Speaking of the kids, my son came home from school today and said he took a test. He finished the test at top speed and the teacher called him up to her desk. As it turns out, seventh grade language arts isn't challenging enough so they are promoting him to eighth grade language arts. In the past, the schools have been giving me a pretty hard time about my son's behavior. They wanted to label him with ADHD and severe behavior disorders when all along I have been telling them that he is BORED, and nothing else. My daughter is more motivated than ever to become an attorney. At age 8 she already knows what she wants to do and how she's going to get there. I am going to attempt to teach the kids how to be more organized. We are all getting day planners.

I received a phone call today about a PRN job at a hospital that is conveniently located closer to home and school. The lady called to schedule a phone interview. It was right at the time that the kids got home from school, so the dog was barking, everyone had questions...in short it was a bad time to schedule anything. The interviewer's schedule and mine were in total conflict, but I finally agreed to a time that should work. Then the receptionist felt she needed to school me on the etiquette on phone interviews. She said, "Be prepared to receive a call at 1030, not 1035. Have your resume in front of you and any questions that you might have for the interviewer. Try not to have any distractions, such as children or barking dogs. Let me give you my number in case you have scheduling issues..." I was so insulted. I apologized and she stated, "Your noisy house doesn't bother me at all, it would just be very distracting to have all that going on during an interview." Whateva, bitch. Does she really think I am that stupid? Well, time to get the kids stuff together for school.

DiVa...Professional nursing student, Mom first!

No comments: