Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I'm still here!!!

I have missed blogging. Blogging was a therapeutic outlet for me to share my feelings. It was all fun and games, until my ex found it and confronted me about all the things that have happened over the last four years! It was kind of funny at first, but then I felt bad. And then I thought, well hell it's the truth so he'll get over it!! So I'm back!!

What have I been up to lately? Well, there have been a variety of things that I wished I had blogged about and didn't so I will get you up to speed. The last post that I wrote was about my adventures in billing. A funny thing happened with that class. The teacher only taught the class for one hour and refused to give office hours. She would only answer questions via e-mail on Wednesdays. I was pissed. So I did my assignments to the best of my ability and waited for my grades. I received an 88.5% as a final grade. I received an 'F' on one of my assignment because according to her I turned it in late. I knew that this prof was going to be difficult so I planned ahead. When I turned in my paper, I asked her to send me an email to let me know that she received it, and she did. The timestamp on the email was at 8am on the due date. I sent proof to the prof that my paper was on time and she said that she really meant to say that she was giving me a 'F' because my work was of a poor quality. That made me go to the dean. I explained the situation and waited for a response. The response? She said I had to take the 'B'...ain't that a bitch? The reason? Because it is not important for me to get an 'A' it is important to finish the semester so that I can graduate and sit for boards. I was so pissed, I stayed mad for 3 weeks! I wonder if they would be as lenient if I accidentally plagiarized?

Speaking of graduation, did I tell you? I graduated on Sunday!

I am officially:

NurseDiVa, RN, MSN

Next stop: boards and the completion of my doctorate. I plan to take boards in July. I have been practicing my new signature all week! But there is no rest for me, I am already back in class! At the moment, I am working on my doctoral coursework. Yesterday was my first day as a REAL doctoral student. The first class is a research course. In this course, we are developing our written proposal for our doctoral project. I have not finalized my research problem but I understand how the development process works. Which I think is a good start :)

Since I have been a doctoral student, I have met some really nice nursing leaders. One is a Midwife from the southeast and another is a Women's health NP from the southwest. Then there is one from the Midwest who is in management, one from the southeast who is a Family/Psych NP and one who is a nurse attorney! All of the nurses in our classes, (except those of us who have limited nursing experience) are amazing advanced practice nurses from whom I hope to learn. They are nursing leaders from all over the country.

Who would have ever thought that I would be where I am today? At graduation, one of my nursing mentors suggested that I will be working on my PhD. I laughed, but now I wonder if I really WILL be working on a PhD!!
Nah...

2 comments:

cluelessincali said...

Congratulations on your graduation. I am glad you came back to update us. You really have no idea how much your blog has inspired me. Its is wonderful to see a black woman go far and achieve goals. GO GIRL! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

P.

PS - You betta not disappear for another 5 months! JK

Nurse Diva Extraordinaire said...

I didn't think that people read my blog anymore :) I am happy to learn that my story inspires. I will try to remember to blog at least once a month from now on!! :p